[ckan-dev] CKAN with different kinds of databases

李政國 Cletus at cht.com.tw
Fri Sep 6 01:03:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the extension of Mongodb, Ben.
Since CKAN uses sqlalchemy, I also think it should be possible to use other databases.
Our customer might have installed Oracle or SQL server already, so it’ll definitely reduce overhead if CKAN can work on the same database.

Best,
Cletus

sqlalchemy is certainly capable of supporting other databases. The testing documents mention SQLite (http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/test.html#testing-with-sqlite), although I've only been able to run nosetests with Postgres.

I would like to hear how this goes. If CKAN, for instance, supported MySQL, I could host my CMS (Wordpress / Drupal) and CKAN in the same installation, reducing overhead.