[ckan-dev] CKAN with different kinds of databases

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Fri Sep 6 14:50:30 UTC 2013

Cletus,

There are subtle differences between the SQL syntax. CKAN doesn't
always use sqlalchemy. So I expect you'll have to make code changes in
a number of places to use a different DB. Just look at the tests which
skip on SQLite, for example.

You'll find that a customer will probably be running a different
version/flavour of Linux, so you'll want a fresh server or VM for CKAN
anyway. Then installing postgres with all the other dependencies is a
simple step.

David