[ckan-dev] install ckan extensions on Ubuntu 12.04

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Sep 11 09:11:19 UTC 2013

Hi Hilde,

There are no packages for the spatial and harvesting extensions, they
need to be installed from source

You can find all necessary instructions here:

http://docs.ckan.org/projects/ckanext-spatial/en/latest/install.html
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest#installation

For a package install, your virtualenv dir will be
/usr/lib/ckan/default and you should run all commands as root.

Hope this helps,

Adrià