[ckan-dev] multilingual extension and searching datasets

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Sep 25 15:49:28 UTC 2013

Hi Ryan,

after adding a new translation using term_translation_update (
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api.html#ckan.logic.action.update.term_translation_update)
it should immediately be available for searching. Or did you notice a
different behavior?

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Ryan Maine <balrogmi at msn.com> wrote:

> After solving it another behaviour I've been noticed is related to
> WHEN new translations can be used for searching. After adding a
> translation it seems that I need to rebuild indexes, is it correct?
>
> Thanks
>
> 2013/9/25 Ryan Maine <balrogmi at msn.com>:
> > Yes I rebuilded indexes several times but the problem was the same.
> >
> > Now It works. I think the problem was due I was using "schema.xml"
> > included in ckan multilingual extension directory of my installation,
> > so I've downloaded the master version on github and now it works
> > perfectly.
> >
> > Additionally one of my languages of my site didn't have the
> > corresponding section in "schema.xml" because this was none of the
> > languages the file brings.
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > 2013/9/25 Jorge Pantoja <jorgepantojam at gmail.com>:
> >> Hello Ryan,
> >>
> >> I tested this behaviour in my CKAN deployment and the search feature is
> >> working well with the term translations. Did you do this "$ paster
> >> --plugin=ckan search-index rebuild
> --config=/etc/ckan/default/production.ini
> >> (or development.ini)" correctly?
> >>
> >> BR,
> >>
> >> Jorge

> "ordinateur"

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch