[ckan-dev] Tech Team "Office Hours"

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 15 11:37:08 UTC 2014

*Hi All,*
In talking with various folks about CKAN over the last few months I've
often had a request from people along the lines of:

"I'd like to know if there was a time where I could come and ask some
questions re CKAN e.g. find out about the Roadmap, tell people what I'm up
etc"

My understanding is that the regular Tech Team call (12 London Tuesday /
Thursday) is more about core development (e.g. reviewing pull requests,
deciding re core features etc).

As such, this need would sound more like a request for Tech Team "Office
Hours". I imagine it wouldn't need more than one or two person(s) from tech
team to be on it (since not about decision-making). I think it would also
be important to run this at hours (at least sometimes) that worked for US
and for SE Asia so that people from different locations can easily join.

So, to make a concrete proposal:

- Introduce official Tech Team office hours
- Propose this be weekly (or perhaps bi-weekly to start with) ~ 1h
- Suggest one week do this at e.g. 5pm London and another week at 8/9am
London

Regards,

Rufus