[ckan-dev] DataExplorer - cannot preview resource

Domenico Giusti dncgst at gnewarchaeology.it
Thu Apr 17 10:50:43 UTC 2014

Dear all,

after deploying the source install in my Debian Wheezy 64, I provided my
production CKAN with the DataStore an DataPusher extensions. The
recline_preview extension is also added to ckan.plugins in my
configuration file.

But I get an error when I try to preview a CSV resource:

---
This resource can not be previewed at the moment. Click here for more
information.

Could not load preview: DataProxy returned an error (Data transformation
failed. HTTPException: Deadline exceeded while waiting for HTTP response
from URL:
http://127.0.0.1/dataset/24324c8a-f9b1-4cd1-ac11-5bb1e38bc779/resource/1157000d-b899-47ab-9d89-20d208046bd5/download/mygdoniasurvey2013stratbones.csv)
---

I also get an error testing the set-up:

curl -X GET
"http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/3/action/datastore_search?resource_id=_table_metadata"

gives me: curl (7) couldn't connect to host

My /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1	localhost
# Apache virtual hosts
127.0.0.1	ckan.page