[ckan-dev] custom CKAN development

Kevin Vaccarello kevin at sustainhawaii.org
Mon Aug 4 23:08:46 UTC 2014

Aloha all,

We’re a Hawaii-based, sustainability-oriented, educational non-profit organization that is highly motivated to leverage web-based technologies for data gathering to facilitate more informed deliberation, decision-making and community engagement toward healthier, consumer-citizen action. To those ends, we hope to find long-term development partners to co-create a suite of sustainability tools.

Our initial project is to build a robust and scalable Map & Directory with a data gathering, normalization and visualization core. We’ve identified CKAN (http://ckan.org) to be that core. We’d like to integrate our custom UI with CKAN, as well as modify and/or further extend some of CKANs functionality and visualizations.

Please contact me if you are a python (CKAN) developer interested in receiving more information regarding our project.

David Read also budget-consciously suggested that if we "want something advanced, then maybe other organizations might benefit from it in their own CKANs and you could try and split the costs”, so please let me know if any of you have a wish list for CKAN… perhaps we can explore the options?

Thanks to Vitor and Aron for suggesting the CKAN mailing list.

Kind regards,
Kevin

Kevin Vaccarello
Founder & Director