[ckan-dev] exception KeyError on resources update

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Mon Aug 11 19:25:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:49 PM,  <frederic.prieur at ville.montreal.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hi There, We keep having a recurring 500 error when we try to update only
> some resources on some datasets, Can anyone can help me with this:
>   errors = e.error_dict['resources'][n]
> KeyError: 'resources

That means there was a validation error when trying to save the
current dataset fields when updating the resource. If you print out
the error_dict here you can see what the error was, but you might also
be able to see it by editing the dataset and trying to save it without
changing anything.

This is a bug, CKAN shouldn't fail with a 500 error here, it should
report which dataset fields failed to validate.