[ckan-dev] Google Analytics -> Universal Analytics

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed Dec 3 15:25:34 UTC 2014

Aaron,

Regarding compatibility of CKAN Google Analytics extensions with
Universal Analytics, there has been recent work on this by us at
data.gov.uk and Australia. We noted there were three things to ensure
compatibility:

1. snippet to notify GA of page load - ga.js or ideally analytics.js
2. snippet to send page events to GA - ga.js or ideally analytics.js
(has to match 1)
3. download data from GA - API version 3

Both extensions satisfy this: ckanext-ga-report and
ckanext-googleanalytics. See below for details.

David

ckanext-ga-report
https://github.com/datagovuk/ckanext-ga-report
As seen at http://data.gov.uk/data/site-usage