[ckan-dev] Faceted Group/Org listing

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed Dec 3 15:39:32 UTC 2014

> 'which organisations provide data on the topic <insert group name here>'

Matt,

That's a neat idea for facets. It's all very doable with existing CKAN
facets. e.g. in data.gov.uk this query shows topic "Health":

http://data.gov.uk/data/search?theme-primary=Health

and you can see the "Publisher" facet on the left shows the top
organizations for that topic:

Health and Social Care Information Centre (353)
Department of Health (192)
ISD Scotland (135)
Office for National Statistics (120)
Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (60)

BTW we added the topic/theme field for a dataset using an extra field
and ensured that it got added as a facet in SOLR in the schema and
index - not too hard.

David