[ckan-dev] Problem with ckanext-harvester and remote_orgs:create

Rodrigo Parra rodpar07 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:45:04 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I'm trying to import datasets from a remote CKAN 2.2 instance, and I would
like to import owner organizations as well. According to the harvester
docs, it should be possible (and fairly easy) to do so using the
remote_orgs:"create" configuration. However, after doing some tests, no
organization is being imported.

Looking at the code, the remote organizations are being fetched using the
/group route of the v2 of the API. But testing the api/2/rest/group/ with
Postman, I can see it only returns a list of ids from groups, not
organizations.

I believe that's the reason why the harvester can't find the owner_org.
Is this a known bug? Should api/2/rest/group/ return organization ids too
or is what I'm getting expected behavior?

In case the latter is true, should we change CKANHarvester to use v3 of the
api and /organization_show ? Or is there a better workaround?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Cheers,

Rodrigo Parra