[ckan-dev] user shall see also datasets she is not allowed to access to ask for permission

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 10:50:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

You’ll need to start an extension, and then I guess you;d need to:

1. Override logic.auth.get.package_show to allow private datasets to be viewed

2. Override logic.action.get.package_show to not include resources in private datasets if the user doesn’t have permission to edit on a private dataset.

3. You’ll need to pass {'ignore_capacity_check’: True} (at least it is there on master) in your call to get_action(‘package_search’)()

I think that’s *probably* it, am sure someone will shout up if I missed anything.

Ross