[ckan-dev] user shall see also datasets she is not allowed to access to ask for permission

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Dec 3 07:39:43 UTC 2014

Should in those cases the metadata be protected? If you want them to see
it, just don't make it private. State clearly that to access the primary
data, one has to ask for permission.

That way you can keep using CKAN as-is, and protect the acutal data rather
then the metadata, that you want to be open for all.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Ross Jones <ross at servercode.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You’ll need to start an extension, and then I guess you;d need to:
>
> 1. Override logic.auth.get.package_show to allow private datasets to be
> viewed
>
> 2. Override logic.action.get.package_show to not include resources in
> private datasets if the user doesn’t have permission to edit on a private
> dataset.
>
> 3. You’ll need to pass {'ignore_capacity_check’: True} (at least it is
> there on master) in your call to get_action(‘package_search’)()
>
> I think that’s *probably* it, am sure someone will shout up if I missed
> anything.
>
> Ross
>

> > On 2 Dec 2014, at 10:34, Andreas Loibl <andreas.loibl at univie.ac.at>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > At the moment a user with insufficient rights cannot find or see
> > datasets that are not open ones.
> >
> > I would like that this user can see these (closed) datasets and ask
> > for permission to access it.
> >
> > If she doesn't see that it's there, she wouldn't even ask for accessing
> it.
> >
> > Any help would be welcome!

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch