[ckan-dev] ckanapi ver 2.5 and datapusher ... some tests

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sun Feb 2 01:14:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Colum McCoole
<colum.mccoole at btinternet.com>wrote:

> Ian,
>
> I noticed from the readme here <https://github.com/ckan/ckanapi> that you
> changed the method of calling resource_create from
> call_action('resource_create' ....) to action.resource_create(....
>

> The previous version seemed to allow the creation of a resource alongside
> a new dataset (where neither existed before on CKAN).
>
> Based on my limited testing, I notice that the new version somehow
> requires that the dataset (package_id) supplied as a parameter must already
> exist.  Is that the intention?  Being able to create a package_id on the
> fly for a new resource was handy.

action.resource_create(..) just calls call_action('resource_create', ..) so
there shouldn't be any difference in behaviour. ckanapi 2.5 added detection
of file-like objects passed to action.* functions so that file parameters
would be added to call_action's files parameter instead of the data_dict.

Ian