[ckan-dev] Custom metadata for dataset question

Pabitra Dash pkdash_reena at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 2 23:05:34 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am assuming it is not possible to have custom metadata fields along with the free extras (key-value pairs) for editing datasets based on the following  documentation I have seen in couple of code examples:

{% ckan_extends %}

{# Remove 'free extras' from the package form. If you're using
convert_to/from_extras() as we are with our 'custom_text' field below then
you need to remove free extras from the form, or editing your custom field
won't work. #}
{% block custom_fields %}
{% endblock %}

If it is possible to have both the custom metadata fields and the free extras fields for a given dataset type I would be very happy to learn how to implement that.

Thanks,
Pabitra

Utah State University
Logan, UT, USA