[ckan-dev] New docs.ckan.org theme merged (you need to update your git submodules)

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Feb 6 14:37:12 UTC 2014

Hey all, we've merged a pull request that changes docs.ckan.org to use
the new readthedocs default theme:

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/1493

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/

(You may need to refresh pages or clear your browser's cache to get the
new theme to show up.)

The new theme was added as a git submodule, so if you pull these changes I
think you will have to do:

    git submodule init
    git submodule update

before you can build the docs locally again.

The new theme doesn't have any CKAN branding yet, me may at least want
to add the logo at some point.

The Edit on GitHub button is a bit annoying, since it takes you to a
page on GitHub where you can't actually edit, unless you're a CKAN
committer.

I've also noticed that the character that appears when you hover over a
title to show the permalink to the section appears to be broken.

Also there's a problem with rendering todo boxes.

Overall I think the new theme is a big improvement though.

Do let us know if you spot any more problems.