[ckan-dev] changing rdf generator

Isabel Ruiz isaruizmellado at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:21:58 UTC 2014

Hi!

We have CKAN 2.1a.

We need to change read.rdf, because we have to add some fields.

We have our directory called ckanext-malaga containing our files and
folders.

I have created this folder structure:
/src/ckanext-malaga/ckanext/templates_legacy/package

and I have created a new file read.rdf in this new folder, I have added my
new fields, but ckan does not use my read.rdf file.

Having /src/ckanext-malaga/ckanext/templates_legacy/package folder and
read.rdf containing valid read.rdf file,
I have tried this:

- Restart apache --> ckan returns a file generated by
/src/ckan/ckan/templates_legacy/package/read.rdf
- Remove /src/ckan/ckan/templates_legacy/package/read.rdf --> ckan returns
an 500 error.
- Remove /src/ckan/ckan/templates_legacy/package folder -->  ckan returns
an 500 error.
- Create  /src/ckanext-malaga/ckan/templates_legacy/package and copy all
files from /src/ckan/ckan/templates_legacy/package, them I change a little
bit of read.rdf --> ckan returns a file generated by
/src/ckan/ckan/templates_legacy/package/read.rdf

My questions are:
- Do I have to configure ckan ?
- Do I have to change another files ?
- Is it a bug?