[ckan-dev] enabling the ckanext-disqus extension

Justin Lewis jlewis at drcog.org
Wed Feb 26 22:00:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have installed and configured the ckanext-disqus extension on CKAN 2.0 which allows the ability to add comments to pages.  The install was simple enough but I'm having trouble understanding how to enable the comments in a template.  I am not creating my own templates at this point.  I simply want to enable comments as a starting point on the default CKAN interface.

The extension documentation (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-disqus/) says I can simply add this:
${h.disqus_comments()}
to the template where I want it to appear.  So I found the template that renders each dataset page:

*         /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/templates/package/read.html

but this does nothing but display the code as text at the bottom of each dataset page.  If someone has any experience with this can you please provide some guidance on how to get started with this?  I am new to CKAN, Jinja, and Pylons so please bare with me.

Thank You,

Justin Lewis | Software Developer | Administration and Finance
Direct 303-480-6750 | Fax 303-480-6790 | jlewis at drcog.org

[cid:image001.gif at 01CF3302.881B5EC0]<http://www.drcog.org/>

[cid:image002.png at 01CF3302.881B5EC0]<http://www.denverregionalequityatlas.org/>
Check out the new interactive Regional Equity Atlas<http://denverregionalequityatlas.org/>: Mapping
opportunity on a regional scale from a local perspective.

[cid:image003.png at 01CF3302.881B5EC0]<http://www.facebook.com/Denver.Regional.Council.of.Governments>   [cid:image004.png at 01CF3302.881B5EC0] <https://twitter.com/DRCOGorg>    [cid:image005.png at 01CF3302.881B5EC0] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/denver-regional-council-of-governments?trk=cp_followed_name_denver-regional-council-of-governments>