[ckan-dev] Filestore Migration ( 2.1 to 2.2 )

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Wed Feb 12 16:24:53 UTC 2014

Hello Sajan

Yes you are correct the migration does not change the url in the
database.  The links generated by CKAN now depend solely on
resource_id and the filename part of whatever is in the url field  (so
even if the url points to a full S3 url it makes no difference it will
just use the last part of the url i.e myfilename.csv).
This is intentional as we did not want the migration script to parse
out the original filename due to complexities of doing it at this
time. This should not effect the use of the filestore and the correct
link will be generated through the api.  The parsing of the filename
is done when we generate the url link.

So the url will look wrong in the database but this should not effect
any use of the filestore.

David