[ckan-dev] Filestore changes between 2.2a and 2.2b

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Wed Feb 19 18:58:56 UTC 2014

On 19 February 2014 15:28, Stéphane Guidoin <stephane at opennorth.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There seem to have some changes in the CKAN filestore (and its API) between
> 2.2a and 2.2b.
>
> First the url changes (from a timestamp to the resource id), that's ok.
>
> But to upload via the API, it seems it also changed. With 2.2b, I am able to
> upload a file with this command:
>
> curl -v http://myinstance/api/3/action/resource_create -H
> "X-CKAN-API-Key:1111-22222-33333-44444" --form upload=@/my/file/example.xml
> --form package_id=warandpeace
>
> But it does not work with 2.2a (get an JSON error)...
>
> Erreur JSON : Error decoding JSON data. Error: JSONDecodeError('Expecting
> value: line 1 column 2 (char 1)',) JSON data extracted from the request:
> '------------------------------3051bfd2dd4a;\\r\\nContent-Disposition:
> form-data; name=\"upload\"; filename=\"resource.csv\"\\r\\nContent-type:
> application/octet-stream\\r\\n\\r\\nfield1,field2,field3\\n1,2,3\\n4,5,6\\n7,8,9\\n\\r\\n------------------------------3051bfd2dd4a;\\r\\nContent-Disposition:
> form-data;
> name=\"package_id\"\\r\\n\\r\\njuliotest\\r\\n------------------------------3051bfd2dd4a;--'"(ckanprod2.2a)
>

> Does anyone knows why and what should be done to upload file for 2.2a?
> What will happen to the resources (and their URL) if upgrading from 2.2a to
> 2.2b?
Uploaded files will still be accessible after the upgrade as long as
you keep the same ofs.* config arguments

> Lastly: the management of releases since 2.2 is a bit startling. There's
> just one tag/branch for 2.2 but obviously some serious code changes between
> 2.2a and 2.2b but there is not way to specifically request on subversion or
> the other.

I think there is some confusion here.
We never support 2.2a or 2.2b and have not got a particular branch for
either.  Anybody using 2.2a and 2.2b should be using 2.2 now.   They
stand for 2.2 alpha and 2.2 beta and are all made in preparation to
the 2.2 release so can change a lot.  Please look at the changelog for
all official releases.

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.2/changelog.html

Thanks

David