[ckan-dev] Filestore changes between 2.2a and 2.2b

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Feb 20 14:01:24 UTC 2014

> I think there is some confusion here.
> We never support 2.2a or 2.2b and have not got a particular branch for
> either.  Anybody using 2.2a and 2.2b should be using 2.2 now.   They
> stand for 2.2 alpha and 2.2 beta and are all made in preparation to
> the 2.2 release so can change a lot.  Please look at the changelog for
> all official releases.

ok, my bad. From the online documentation, it sounded like 2.2a was a
release.

> Does anyone knows why and what should be done to upload file for 2.2a?
> > What will happen to the resources (and their URL) if upgrading from 2.2a
> > 2.2b?
> Uploaded files will still be accessible after the upgrade as long as
> you keep the same ofs.* config arguments

So files should be available both with the new and the old url?

More generally, do you know if we have to go through a "migration" process
to go from 2.2a (or 2.2b) to the official 2.2 release?

Stéphane

Stéphane Guidoin
Director, Transportation
Open North