[ckan-dev] Announcement: Moving to github.com/ckan

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Mon Jan 27 04:37:52 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

We're going to slowly transition CKAN and the core extensions to the CKAN
organization on github. This will make core ckan extensions more
discoverable and it will also let us give access to the community more
easily. I'll be driving this action over the next few weeks. When you look
for a repository and don't find it on github.com/okfn, make sure you also
look on github.com/ckan.

We don't expect this to break any
links<https://github.com/blog/1508-repository-redirects-are-here>.
If you have the old url in your browser history, they will be redirected.
Both push and pulls to the old urls will work too. However, if you notice
documentation having the old urls, please submit an issue or even better, a
pull request.

The plan is to start with small extensions, then onto bigger extensions
(spatial, harvest) which might break things, and then finally CKAN. I'll
make an announcement for every batch of transfers. If you notice something
broken during this transition, please email me or the list right away.

Nigel Babu

Developer  |  @nigelbabu <https://twitter.com/nigelbabu>

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on