[ckan-dev] Trying to use ckan_dockered for CKAN 2.2 install

Colum McCoole colum.mccoole at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 30 23:27:13 UTC 2014

David,

I have tried the forum (link below) . but I don't think there are many
others out there playing with your docker set-up.

https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-January/006669.html

It's proven a great time-saver for me in getting various installations  of
CKAN 2.1 up and running, so thanks.

I set out earlier today hoping to tweak it at the margin and get version 2.2
running with it . pointing to a 2.2*.deb download at
http://packaging.ckan.org/build/ and then hard-coding to various earlier
versions with/without datapusher, when 2.2-6 didn't work.  I was careful to
remove references to datapusher in the dockerfile and elsewhere where I was
installing the packages with datapusher already included .. and obviously
excluding the datapusherext (not needed in 2.2).

Bottom line is all these efforts failed.  I am consistently getting problems
with Apache as follows, with any attempt to restart the apache2 service
failing and a continued 502 gateway error when connecting to port 5000 in
the browser.

[Thu Jan 30 16:57:21 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8800 has no VirtualHosts

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:8800

Unable to open logs

Action 'start' failed.

Just to prove that it is 2.2-related, I went back and reran for 2.1 and it
all works fine.

Is there anything you can think of that might be missing from the various
dockerfile and accompanying yml scripts that could be preventing this from
installing correctly? I know I could fall back on installing from source, as
per the installation instructions in the docs, but I would really like to
keep this automated approach, if at all possible.

Thanks for your input,

Colum