[ckan-dev] Adding custom metadata fields

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Mon Jan 6 16:07:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Athos Georgiou <ag242 at st-andrews.ac.uk>wrote:

> Also, is there any other supported extension that can be installed in
> fewer steps?

Hello Athos,

I am working on an extension that will make it possible to add custom
fields without needing to create a plugin. It's not complete yet, and I'm
focusing on adding custom fields to organizations before I work on
datasets, so I'm not sure when it would be ready for general use.

If you're interested you can find the source at:
https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-scheming

For now following that wiki page to create a new plugin is the best
approach.

Ian