[ckan-dev] Purge all deleted packages

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Jan 28 04:07:25 UTC 2014

We are running CKAN 2.1.1 and I can still get to the ' /ckan-admin/trash' page and purge deleted datasets?
Aaron
------------------------------
Message: 4
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:44:19 +0100
From: Heinrich Widmann <widmann at dkrz.de>
To: CKAN Development Discussions <ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org>
Subject: [ckan-dev] Purge all deleted packages

Hi,
we are using CKAN2.1 and have often the situation that we have to remove (groups of) datasets from the database.

It's fine that the dataets in question can be set to status 'deleted'
via the ckan API
and are not longer shown. But we want really to purge teh packages from the database.

In former CKAN versions this could be done in the GUI as admin user in the subdirectory .../trash.
But this is not possible with 2.1.

Is a total SOLR index refresh necessary to do a complete purging of all 'deleted' datasets ?

Cheers,
Heinrich

--
Heinrich Widmann              \\ Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH