[ckan-dev] Multiple dataset types

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Jan 29 20:18:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Pabitra Dash <pkdash_reena at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to implement an extension that would support a number of dataset
> types with each one with different set of metadata. I have seen some example
> of how to do one specific dataset type. Is there any example of implementing
> more than one dataset types? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello Pabitra,

I'm working on something similar: https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-scheming

I expect it will be mostly usable as described in the README in a few
weeks. I am targeting only the upcoming CKAN 2.2 release, because I
need a recent change to the IDatasetForm to properly support multiple
types of datasets.

Ian