[ckan-dev] Announce: LDAP auth plugin

Alice Heaton a.heaton at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 16:12:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

We've implemented an LDAP auth plugin. Features include:

- Imports username, full name, email and description;
- Can match against several LDAP fields (eg. username or full name);
- Allows to have LDAP only authentication, or combine LDAP and basic
CKAN authentication;
- Can add LDAP users to a given organization automatically;
- Works with Active Directory.

https://github.com/NaturalHistoryMuseum/ckanext-ldap

I'm yet to write some tests (at which point we'll do an actual release)
but it's working well in our manual tests here :-)

If anyone is interested in the functionality and would like to test
this, report issues, etc. that would be very helpful !

Best Wishes,
Alice Heaton