[ckan-dev] Enabling Disqus - or another issue reporting

Johann Höchtl johann.hoechtl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:52:17 UTC 2014

Am 03.06.2014 22:10, schrieb Johann Höchtl:
> I try to enable Disqus as per
>
> https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-February/006940.html
>
> I am uncertain wheather this should be / can be enabled as an
> extension (we already have one) or simply added by changing read.html
> in templates/package/read.html

Ok, answering to myself, in case others find this interesting.

In order to get DISQUS going, besides installing, enabling and
configuring the plugin (and obviously having a DISQUS-account), no
further adaption are necessary. By default, this will give the ability
to comment on datasets.

If commenting on other areas than datasets should be enabled, the
respective template must be changed according to
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-disqus

However, as my issue was, commenting must be enabled in the
DISQUS-account. This was disabled and caused me thinking the plugin
requires changes to templates.