[ckan-dev] Trouble setting up email notifications

Justin Lewis jlewis at drcog.org
Wed Mar 12 18:55:41 UTC 2014

Ohh yes... I forgot to mention that I configured the .ini file.

I added the empty dictionary param and now I'm simply getting an authorization error:

curl http://localhost/api/action/send_email_notifications  -H "X-CKAN-API-Key:<my-api-key>" -d '{}'
{"help": "Send any pending activity stream notification emails to users.\n\n    You must provide a sysadmin's API key in the Authorization header of the\n    request, or call this action from the command-line via a `paster post ...`\n    command.\n\n    ", "success": true, "result": null}

The api key was taken from the admin account page.

I think I remember reading somewhere in the docs about needing to enable authorization on the server... Could this be an issue?

Thanks for your help!

Justin