[ckan-dev] Problems with CKAN 2.2.1 (possible BC break?)

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Fri Oct 10 12:10:58 UTC 2014

Hi there,

we currently test the update from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (using the release-v2.2.1
branch), and realized there is a problem with the extra-field
functionality. Upon trying to reharvest, the harvesting fails in the import
stage with:

ValidationError: {u'extras': [{}, {}, {}, {}, {}, {'key': ['There is a
schema field with the same name']}, {}, {}, {}, {}, {}]}

We could trace it back to the following merge request:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/1894

We have extra fields that are named like fields in the root schema, which
apparently is not possible anymore. So we couldn't yet get data that was
harvested with 2.2.1 into CKAN.

It's very well possible that we don't use this as intended, but still I
think this violates the "patch releases don't contain backwards
incompatible changes". What do you think?

The datasets that were harvested with v2.2 have now suddenly page loading
times of  ~10s or more (before ~1s). This might be another problem (?).

Best Regards Stefan

--
Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch