[ckan-dev] Upgrade patch release

harold carrel haroldcb at hotmail.fr
Thu Oct 16 12:23:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade CKAN from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (I've installed CKAN from source) but I haven't found the doc very clear...

The documentation says that Patch releases do not contain:
Database schema changes or migrationsFunction interface changesPlugin interface changesNew dependenciesBig refactorings or new features in critical parts of the code

I wanted to follow theese instructions: http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/upgrading/upgrade-package-to-patch-release.html
but I'm not sure of which steps I should follow...
I think I have to do steps 1,2, 7 and 8 is that correct?

I also have a question about these command lines:
git fetch

git checkout release-v2.0
Should I write this instead?  (I'm not very familiar with github...)
git checkout patch-v2.2.1
or
git checkout release-v2.2.1 ?

Regards,