[ckan-dev] URL for downloadable ressource is wrong

Stephan Schrade schrade at online2000.de
Fri Oct 10 09:51:45 UTC 2014

I think a wrong SOLR configuration is not the problem here.
Because then all the urls would be wrong. But this is not the case.
Only the url on the page where a dataset is shown (where I can see all
the resources of this dataset) is wrong.
If I visit the page of a single resource (e.g. visiting the preview
page) the url to download the resource (above the preview frame) is correct.

Stephan

Am 10.10.2014 11:36, schrieb David Read:
> Stephan,
>
> I suggest you check:
> * the schema that SOLR is using is the correct version for the version
> of CKAN you're running.
> * CKAN is configured to the correct SOLR URL for the SOLR core you're using
> * try disabling all extensions and see if it persists, as these can
> affect what gets indexed
>
> and if all that seems ok, you could look at the indexing code in CKAN
> and see what SOLR is being told about the resource.url, to work out if
> CKAN is telling it the wrong thing, or SOLR is mangling it itself.
>
> David
>
> On 10 October 2014 10:31, Stephan Schrade <schrade at online2000.de> wrote:
>> I have made further tests to get more details.
>> It is now sure, that the error comes from the rebuild of the search index.
>>
>> If I make a search-index clear and then visit the page of the dataset (of
>> course I can't search for it but I know the url) then the url for
>> downloading the file is displayed correct.
>>
>> If I make a new dataset with a new ressource then the url is correct. But if
>> I make a search-index rebuild afterwards, the url gets wrong.
>>
>> This also disables the possibility to make a database backup. Because If you
>> reimport the dump, the search index is rebuild automatically.
>> And the the urls are wrong again.
>>
>> What can I do?
>>
>> TIA
>> Stephan
>>
>> Am 09.10.2014 14:56, schrieb Stephan Schrade:
>>
>>> Hi experts,
>>> on my CKAN 2.2 instance on RHEL I have the following strange issue:
>>> At the level of a dataset I have several ressources which can be
>>> downloaded, but unfortunately the URL looks like this:
>>>
>>> http://<domain>/dataset/:///dataset/74eab3f9-891c-446f-92c3-79a91116048b/resource/5c25d3fd-3409-4fe7-be03-de9f9d01cd65/download/bildung.pdf
>>>
>>> which is obviously wrong :(
>>>
>>> If I'm at the level of a single ressource e.g. on the preview page, the
>>> URL is correct and I can download the ressource.
>>>
>>> (we are using the filestore for that)
>>>
>>> I recently made a rebuild of the search index. Could this cause the error?
>>> What can I do to repair the wrong URL?
>>>
>>> Please help asap because I have to go online pretty soon and I have
>>> hundreds of datasets.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Stephan