[ckan-dev] Link to URL and Link to API

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed Oct 15 09:38:31 UTC 2014

David,

Yes, I think this is the change:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/commit/2ec5fcfc934d08be502af27d3459400394cd030f#diff-b47d50cb537e5d205a50ac9666e9f193

which indeed went into CKAN 2.2. I imagine having the separate Link
buttons, as well as Upload, was considered confusing. However I think
it is v. useful to know if a URL is for download or an API - I believe
resource_type was used to store the difference - see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20517915/what-is-the-difference-of-link-to-a-file-and-link-to-an-api-in-ckan

You're implying you miss this - it would be good to know your reasoning.

David