[ckan-dev] Tool to import mass data

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Thu Oct 16 16:32:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Lucas Pirola <lucaspirola at gmail.com> wrote:
> I searched for some tool that did that, but was unable to find it. Anyone
> tried something similar, or has any tips to share?

Hi Lucas,

The ckanapi command line tool[1] lets you bulk import and export
datasets, groups and organizations. It also generates logs, can resume
when interrupted and can use multiple workers in parallel.

It uses JSON Lines as the export format so that it's not tied to a
particular schema. JSON Lines can't be edited as easily as CSV, but
I'm planning/working on a solution to that[2]

[1]: https://github.com/ckan/ckanapi#ckanapi-cli
[2]: https://github.com/wardi/jsonsquared