[ckan-dev] Backporting fixes from v2.3a to v2.2.1

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Oct 20 09:46:21 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

We try to backport as many fixes as possible to the release branches,
at least for the issues that we are aware of. If you know of some that
we missed please do let us know.

To do so I think the best way is to create a pull request or issue (in
this case a link to the relevant commits is useful) and state clearly
that these are for backporting and the branch you need them merged. I
don't think external contributors can apply labels to issues/PRs but
eventually when they are reviewed in the dev meeting they will get the
"Backport pending" [1] and "Backport 2.x.x" label so it's easy to see
what needs to go / went to each of the release branches.

Unless it's a fix that only applies to a particular branch, we only
backport fixes that are already applied to master.

Looking forward to your patches for 2.2.2!

Adrià

[1] https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Backport+pending%22+is%3Apr