[ckan-dev] Recent DCAT/RDF work on ckanext-dcat

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Oct 30 16:10:49 UTC 2014

Thank you Adrià,

This is very good news! DCAT improvement was part of the important stuff
from my point of view (in the Trello board).

There is an extension to also support data.json format, which is a DCAT
JSON serialization (I don't know how close it is from spec on
datacatalogs.org) and there's also an CKAN extension to support data.json.
Do you know if there was a look to integrate data.json (both to parse and
produce) in the dcat extension?

***

As a side note: as a member of the open data working group of the OGP, Open
North is working (with some folks at the US GSA) on best practice in terms
of open data standardization (from encoding to data formats, and everything
that make open data more accessible). For the moment, we are at the step of
inventory of practice so clearly everything around DCAT and other metadata
format is of interest for us.

Cheers

Stéphane