[ckan-dev] Global Resource Identifier: is it possible?

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Tue Apr 7 11:40:10 UTC 2015

Yep, but I was wondering if Alessandro was talking about a DB that
potentially had IDs from different CKAN instances. If so the you'd want to
also match on the harvest source ID/URL.

For example, on data.gov.au and data.sa.gov.au each Solr service picks up
results from either of the two. More instances canbe linked into the
results without conflict too.

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015, Alessio Dragoni <alessio.dragoni at gmail.com>
wrote:

> aĺ the IDs in CKAN are UUID
> On Apr 7, 2015 1:06 PM, "Alessandro Portosa" <alessandro.portosa at eng.it
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','alessandro.portosa at eng.it');>> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have a question on how the resource (or even the dataset) ID is
>> generated.
>> Context: I have integrated CKAN inside an analysis tool, where resources
>> medata can be saved locally.
>> The tool should not be tied to a specific CKAN instance, but the user can
>> change the target CKAN url (datahub.io, data.gov, and so on). My problem
>> is: I would like to globally identify resources and dataset, but I'm not
>> sure how the ID is built. Can anyone give me explanation about that? It is
>> really important for us, because metadata are saved in our DB using CKAN
>> resource ID as primary key and I need to be sure that there will be no
>> conflict if using different CKAN instances.
>>
>> Alessandro.

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au