[ckan-dev] Global Resource Identifier: is it possible?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Tue Apr 7 12:40:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

If I understood Alessandro correctly, I think he was asking about whether
CKAN dataset can be safely uniquely identified using their ids. In theory
the answer is yes, because as Alessio pointed out we use UUIDs for them,
but in some cases like the ones Steven mentions (CKAN-CKAN harvesting, the
same id is shared across instances). You could argue that that still is the
same dataset, just living in two different portals, but if you want to
distinguish these datasets you might need to use a hash of id + site url or
something similar.

Hope this helps,

Adrià

On 7 April 2015 at 12:40, Steven De Costa <steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au