[ckan-dev] Global Resource Identifier: is it possible?

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Tue Apr 7 12:49:27 UTC 2015

In CKAN's default dataset schema dataset IDs and resource IDs are generated
with uuid4[1] on creation. As of CKAN 2.3 sysadmins are allowed to set
dataset IDs on creation, but not the resource IDs. A custom dataset schema
would let you set both the resource and dataset IDs if you need to.

[1]: https://docs.python.org/2/library/uuid.html#uuid.uuid4