[ckan-dev] Error

Bryan Humphreys bryan_humphreys at corkcity.ie
Mon Apr 13 20:10:25 UTC 2015

Hi Denis,
Thank you for your email

Tried that and this is the output, but still getting the same error

(default)root at ckan:~# sudo -u postgres createuser -S -D -R -P ckan_default
could not change directory to "/root"
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
createuser: creation of new role failed: ERROR:  role "ckan_default" already exi                                                                             sts
(default)root at ckan:~# sudo -u postgres createdb -O ckan_default ckan_default -E                                                                              utf-8
could not change directory to "/root"
createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  database "ckan_default" already exis                                                                             ts
root at ckan:~# sudo -u postgres psql -l
could not change directory to "/root"
                                        List of databases
       Name        |    Owner     | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access privileges
ckan_default      | ckan_default | UTF8     | en_IE.UTF-8 | en_IE.UTF-8 |
datastore_default | ckan_default | UTF8     | en_IE.UTF-8 | en_IE.UTF-8 |
postgres          | postgres     | UTF8     | en_IE.UTF-8 | en_IE.UTF-8 |
template0         | postgres     | UTF8     | en_IE.UTF-8 | en_IE.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
                   |              |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres
template1         | postgres     | UTF8     | en_IE.UTF-8 | en_IE.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
                   |              |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres
(5 rows)