[ckan-dev] problem with spatial previews

Matthew Fullerton matt.fullerton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 10:56:36 UTC 2015

Hi Armin,
A problem in general with a lot of your links is that they require extra
URL parameters. In its current form, the geo-view wants to truncate the
link and then add the SERVICE and REQUEST itself, which is not enough to
get data from your geoserver(s). I just experimented with the code to get
it to preserve additional parameters. It worked, but its experimental :-)

I did manage to find a RLP link that "worked" in CKAN, via the RLP open
data portal:
http://213.139.159.34/geoserver/wsg/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WFS

When you exchange WMS for WFS, it works. But WFS gives me the same error as
I always get about "uncaught exception: Can't find a WFSCapabilities parser
for version 2.0.0". So I'm not making any progress here.

When you are able to, send me a WFS link that "works" in your CKAN in the
sense that you get the transform error but not the parser error.

I'll try and clean up my code for preserving the extra parameters and
submit a pull request.

I didn't write open layers, open layers helper or geo-view extension, so I
can't answer your question about transforms. My understanding was that
because WFS is vector data open layers has the ability to shape it to a
base map.

Best,
Matt