[ckan-dev] Stackoverflow Issue

Bart Praats bartpraats at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:52:36 UTC 2015

Dear Ckan community,
I have posted an issue on Stackoverflow which is still not solved: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33775693/ckan-datapusher-pdf-gives-indexerror-pop-from-empty-list-when-uploading-to-da
For the "Pop from empty list" I created an issue on the Ckan Github page. But my Datapusher problem is something I am doing wrong, I think, and I can't figure out what.
I narrowed it down to the code line where all goes wrong:
https://github.com/ckan/datapusher/blob/master/datapusher/jobs.py#L290

Here my Datapusher gets the url from the Json object. However, my Datapusher and my Ckan instance run on the same server, e.g. they have the same IP address. Only the port differs.
I don't know if this should give a problem or not. But it should be possible to host both Datapusher and Ckan on the same host machine I suppose? Currently I don't have a domain name yet so I am using my IP to browse to the site. (example: 163.883.716.17) In this example, my Datapusher is reachable on 163.883.716.17:5820. This works. I can reach my Ckan instance and I can reach my Datapusher with a successful Json object returned.
Now what causes the error is that when I try to reach the public address mentioned before from the command line of my server, I get a timeout error.
This is also what happens when the before mentioned code is executed. So my question is:
How can I solve this timeout error? Or what could I have done wrong in ly configurations?
Thank you for any help!
Kind regards,
Bart Praats