[ckan-dev] Stackoverflow Issue

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 08:09:20 UTC 2015

Hi Bart,

I think you have two problems here. The first is that, as far as I am aware, datapusher doesn't support PDF files, and they should not be being sent to the datapusher.  The error is unfortunate, and should be fixed, but the PDF shouldn't get that far in the first place.

> Now what causes the error is that when I try to reach the public address mentioned before from the command line of my server, I get a timeout error.

The second seems to be a connectivity problem. I'm confused as to whether you're having problems with:

- datapusher connecting to CKAN
in which case can you confirm your ckan.ini has the correct value for ckan.site_url ?

- or, accessing publicly accessible internet urls
in which case there is something wrong with your machine/VM.  If you can't curl the URL you want to fetch, there's little change that datapusher will be able to either.  Can you post the actual URL?

Cheers,

Ross