[ckan-dev] group_list ignores modified schema of new group type

Niall Beard niall.beard at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 16:38:14 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I've been playing with iGroupForm quite a lot recently and have made a new
type of group with some new schema fields. When the action to retrieve all
of my new groups is called (logic/action/get.py - def _group_or_org_list) I
only get the fields from the default schema of Group, and not my new fields
as well.
I tried including the updated schema (found using self._db_to_form_schema)
in the 'context' variable but the group_or_org_list method does not do
anything with it.

My hope is that the 'query' variable can take some kind of 'schema' option
or something; but I can't figure it out.
It's a bit of a blocker for me so any help on how I can fix this would be
greatly appreciated. I'll pull request the fix if/when it's done - any
advise on how to accomplish this would be greatly useful.

Niall Beard
Scientific Web Technologist,
myGrid Team,
University of Manchester