[ckan-dev] [CKAN Puppet] Release 1.0.12

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Mon Feb 16 02:28:10 UTC 2015

Greetings,
  Version 1.0.12 of the puppet ckan module has just been released.  The major improvement for this release is how plugins are handled in relation to extensions.

Previously, if an extension was to be installed with a fresh ckan installation, the plugin for the extension could not be set in the manifest as this would cause ckan to fail.  This was due to a dependency of the extension needing to be installed before ckan starts.

I have have implemented a work a round using puppet facts that allows extensions to manage their own plugins.  This means, that when upgrading to 1.0.12, you must remove plugin configuration for extensions installed through the ckan::ext subclasses.  If you don't, this will cause an error with ckan (ie, duplicates in the ckan.plugins in the production.ini file).

This now allows for a complete installation without needing to change the configuration between puppet runs!!!

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

The module has been released here:

https://forge.puppetlabs.com/conzar/ckan/readme

Regards
--