[ckan-dev] Page View Tracking issue

Marco Combetto marcomb at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:12:52 UTC 2015

I configured just recently the Page View Tracking functionality on my production catalogue (2.2a), as described herehttp://docs.ckan.org/en/tracking-fixes/tracking.html
But even if the "Popular" criteria is appeared on the catalogues, ther tracking numbers are zero, and I am super sure I had traffic and views on the web site (Google Analytics provide me evidences)http://dati.trentino.it/dataset?q=&sort=views_recent+desc

Also by the API, I see tracking data zero, on one of the most downloaded datasethttp://dati.trentino.it/api/3/action/package_show?id=trasporti-pubblici-del-trentino-formato-gtfs

I scheduled the cron job each week, in my scheduler, not using crontab , must be necessary scheduled hourly? o daily?The following paragraph make me some doubts...
Of course, I don't have any error, paster commands run well, I see the console message (tracking info building, etc)
Anybody could clarify better how must be scheduled? What am I  missing?
Thanks!
You can setup a cron job to run these commands. On most UNIX systems you can setup a cron job by running crontab -e in a shell to edit your crontab file, and adding a line to the file to specify the new job. For more information run man crontab in a shell. For example, here is a crontab line to update the tracking data and rebuild the search index hourly:@hourly /usr/lib/ckan/bin/paster --plugin=ckan tracking update -c /etc/ckan/production.ini && /usr/lib/ckan/bin/paster --plugin=ckan search-index rebuild -r -c /etc/ckan/production.ini
The @hourly can be replaced with @daily, @weekly or @monthly.

Marco Combetto
marcomb at hotmail.com
Mobile: +39 3316329971