[ckan-dev] Additional Filter Abilities

Alice Heaton a.heaton at nhm.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 10:22:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 20/02/15 19:15, Gerace, Christian [ITSUS] wrote:

> Is there a way, or an extension, that allows a user to filter within
> the preview interface on fields using different comparisons (rather
> than just equal to)?

CKAN does not provide this. As of CKAN 2.3, it is possibly to write your
own extension to do this. I'm not aware of any that does this, you can
check http://extensions.ckan.org/ to see if you find anything.

If you want to implement such an extension yourself, you can do this by
implementing the IDatastore interface. I can't actually find the
documentation for this, but the interface definition is very well
documented:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckanext/datastore/interfaces.py

Best Wishes,
Alice