[ckan-dev] How to get CKAN version and installed extensions and other stuff

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Fri Jan 9 16:25:16 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am currently working on a research within the OGP to make an inventory in
terms of open standardization. Several items we are evaluating (metadata,
catalog structure, etc.) are tightly related to the open data portal
technology used and CKAN is currently the dominant technology used for
OGP-member countries. As a consequence, we are investigating a bit how CKAN
is treating some items.

Among this, I have a handful of questions

-  From the outside (e.g as a visitor) how to know the CKAN extensions
being install?
- How CKAN determined the content-type (the one provided in the HTTP
headers) when downloading a file
- How is filled the "inner mimetype" value that is present in the API but
can't find it anywhere in the UI?
- Is there anything in the code that is made to say what is the character
encoding in the file? (in the HTTP content type there is a way to specify
the charset but it is never provided... in any case, there is usually no
way to tell what is the encoding of a file...)

Steph