[ckan-dev] ckan.logic.NotAuthorized

Gerace, Christian [ITSUS] cgerace at ITS.JNJ.com
Wed Jan 21 16:41:56 UTC 2015

Hello Community,

This is my first time posting to the group, so if I improperly post or do not abide by a posting rule, I apologize in advance.

I recently set up a CKAN instance, v2.2.1, on an AWS server (running on RHEL 6) at my workplace, and I have been configuring it to my needs. I have both the Filestore as well as the Datastore set up, but now I'm faced with the challenge of automatically uploading data to the Datastore. I have played around with a couple extensions in an attempt to achieve this, such as DataPusher, Archiver and DataStorer. I have struggled to get any of these to successfully work, and my latest attempt has me running into an error that I have seen previously, so I am reaching out in hopes that someone knows a work around to this error.

Currently, I'm attempting to set up the DataStorer extension, and I keep on getting an error in the Traceback that states ckan.logic.NotAuthorized. I'm running the command paster datastore_upload -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini and this is the end of the Traceback:

  File "/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/logic/action/get.py", line 138, in current_package_list_with_resources
    _check_access('current_package_list_with_resources', context, data_dict)
  File "/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/logic/__init__.py", line 290, in check_access
    raise NotAuthorized(msg)
ckan.logic.NotAuthorized

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? If not, does anyone have an easier solution for automating the DataStore uploads based off of my OS/CKAN version?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Gerace
Associate Analyst - Enterprise Architect
Johnson & Johnson | cgerace at its.jnj.com<mailto:cgerace at its.jnj.com>