[ckan-dev] ckan ldap configuration

Alice Heaton a.heaton at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 10:24:42 UTC 2015

Hello,

Have you tried:

https://github.com/NaturalHistoryMuseum/ckanext-ldap

If so, what problems are you having? All possible problems should be
logged. Either you will get:

- A message on the login page, for user login problems (eg. "bad
username or password");
- A message in the CKAN log file for configuration problems (eg. "ldap
server is not reacheable" or "ldap server credentials invalid");
- A stack trace in the CKAN log for more serious problems.

The CKAN log will be on stdout if you run it using paster, or I think
the default when running under Apache2 is
/var/log/apache2/ckan_default.error.log

If you do not get errors on the screen or errors in the logs, then maybe
the plugin is not activated? I have not installed it under RHEL (only
Ubuntu), but there shouldn't be any problems. See David's reply and
check your server logs - let me know if you find any problems there.

Best Wishes,
Alice Heaton